Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-aaaa-a6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 06:45:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Comparison of AAAA and A6 (do we really need A6?)
	Author(s)	: J. Hagino
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-aaaa-a6-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 29-May-01
	
At this moment, there are two resource record types defined for holding
IPv6 address in the DNS database; AAAA [Thomson, 1995] and A6 [Crawford,
2000] .  AAAA has been used for IPv6 network operation since 1996.
Questions arose whether we really need A6 or not, or whether it is
really possible to migrate to A6 or not.  Some says AAAA is enough and
A6 is not necessary.  Some says A6 is necessary and AAAA should get
deprecated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-aaaa-a6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsext-aaaa-a6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-aaaa-a6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.