Subject: DK RR & Child's secure status

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 23:12:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

When the DK record is used to indicate the KEY which the child uses to
sign its apex KEY RRset, a child _zone_ might or might not be signed.

This breaks the secure delegation scheme as the parent has no way of
indicating if it considers a child zone secure or not.

At least, if I understood the draft right.

Regards

Roy Arends
Nominum

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.

---

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:15:47 +0200 (CEST)

> indicating if it considers a child zone secure or not.

No, it doesn't break anything. My comments just show a little lack of
sleep. My apologies to the lists.

Roy