Subject: draft-arends-dnsext-rrsets-00.txt

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:37:41 -0700

Hello,

I've submitted a draft on allowing Unsigned RRsets in Secure Zones.
Below is the abstract.

-------------------------------------------------------

        Title           : Unsigned RRsets in Secure Zones
        Author(s)       : R. Arends
        Filename        : draft-arends-dnsext-rrsets-00.txt
        Pages           :
        Date            : 11-Jul-01

In order for DNSSEC to be deployed operationally, there needs to
be a mechanism that allows for unsigned RRsets in a secure zone.
In the current definition of DNSSEC [RFC 2535], it is allowed to
have 2 types of unsigned records, i.e. glue address RRsets and
delegation point NS RRsets. There exists several reasons to
allow other unsigned RRsets, all related to the scalability and
maintenance of a secure zone.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arends-dnsext-rrsets-00.txt

------------------------------------------------------
Note,

Since this version of the draft did not acknowledge everyone who's
help was greatly appreciated, here is section 7 (this is fixed in
version 01 of the draft, which has just been submitted):

7.  Acknowledgements

   The work in this draft is based on ideas stated in the [OPTIN] draft.
   The goals of these drafts are similar, though both use a different
   approach.

   The contributions, suggestions and remarks of the following
   persons (in alphabetic order) to this draft are acknowledged:

      Mats Dufberg
      Miek Gieben
      Olafur Gudmundsson
      Olaf Kolkman
      Mark Kosters
      Edward Lewis
      David Macka
      Dan Massey
      Scott Rose
      Jakob Schlyter

   Funding for the RFC Editor function is currently provided by the
   Internet Society.

-- 

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.