Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-huitema-ipv6-renumber-00.txt

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:11:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Site Renumbering
	Author(s)	: C. Huitema
	Filename	: draft-huitema-ipv6-renumber-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 13-Jul-01
	
There has been recently a lot of the discussion in the IPNG, NGTRANS 
and DNSEXT working group about the level at which IPv6 shall support 
renumbering. A specific question is whether we need special support 
in the DNS to enable renumbering, as specified in [RFC2874], or if 
the simpler mechanisms specified in [RFC1886] are sufficient. In 
order to organize the discussion, this memo presents a set of 
realistic renumbering scenarios, discusses the possible frequency at 
which such scenarios can be repeated, presents some tools that can 
be used to organize the renumbering, and summarizes the operational 
requirements that have to be met by any renumbering solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huitema-ipv6-renumber-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-huitema-ipv6-renumber-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-huitema-ipv6-renumber-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.