Subject: IPv6 DNS bridging system: lookup proxy

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:08:35 -0700

FYI, NGtrans just started a 2 weeks last call on 
draft-ietf-ngtrans-dns-ops-req-02.txt
I guess this draft will also have to be discussed in DNS-ops.

One of the things that this requirement draft highlights is the need for a 
bridging
system. After many discussions with Johan Ihren and Akira Kato,
I'm convinced that something like a lookup proxy is needed to bridge
from IPv6 to IPv4.
I have published a draft that outline a _possible_ solution:
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-durand-dns-proxy-00.txt.

I would like to bring this draft to DNS-OPS and/or DNS-ext as a 
contribution for discussion.

	- Alain. 

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:10:21 +0900

>contribution for discussion.

	section 6, "anycast issues" says that it is prohibited to use an
	anycast address source address (from RFC2460).  however,
	section 3.3 describes the use of TCP with the anycast prefix
	(P::a.b.c.d).  these sections are inconsistent at best (TCP cannot
	be established without using P::a.b.c.d as source).

itojun