Subject: Re: mdns-06 changes

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:48:32 -0800 (PST)

> Randy Bush spake thusly:
> > 
> > >> If we go with the unicast DNS/DDNS approach for the home, I would like
> > >> to see the .local.arpa domain become usable for DDNS updates of local
> > >> names in the home
> > 
> > this is sorely broken.  local.arpa would need far more thrust than rfc 1925
> > seec 2.3 ever envisioned to get past the iesg and the dns curmudgeons.
> > 
> > randy

A request for clarification. 

Do you mean that "local.arpa" is broken and support should be removed
from the mDNS draft? Or do you mean that use of "local.arpa" in unicast
DNS/DDNS is broken and should not be permitted in the draft? 

If the latter, do you have an opinion on the removal of "local.arpa" from
the draft?

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.