Subject: first results from DNSSEC testbed

From: "Scott Rose" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:25:12 -0500

The first series of DNSSEC test results are done and put up on the NIST
DNSSEC project webpage:

http://www.antd.nist.gov/proj/dnssec/results.html

The tests that were performed were a "day in the life" of our DNS server
(antd.nist.gov domain answering both local and external traffic).  With the
zone signed and the use of EDNS being the only differences.  TSIGs were also
used for another set of experiments to see the impact of digest
creation/verification on performance.

The results are pretty much to be expected from the test runs, and a 500 Mhz
PIII had no problem running BIND 9.2.0rcX.

The page is still pretty raw, and there are comparison traffic tests using
DSA keys/sigs (the current numbers are using a 2048 RSA key).  If there are
any questions on improving the reporting/stat taking - let me know

Scott

===============================================================
Scott Rose
Advanced Network Technologies Division
NIST

ph: 301-975-8439                       fax: 301-590-0932
http://www.antd.nist.gov
===============================================================

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:25:48 -0800

>The first series of DNSSEC test results are done and put up on the NIST

given that IETF working group lists limit their involvement in actual 
interoperability testing -- in fact limiting the involvement to just the 
kind of notice you sent -- is there a separate mailing list to assist 
coordination of dnssec testing and deployment?

d/

----------
Dave Crocker  <mailto:[email-masked]>
Brandenburg InternetWorking  <http://www.brandenburg.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464

---

From: Jakob Schlyter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:33:25 +0100 (MET)

> coordination of dnssec testing and deployment?

[email-masked] (handled by [email-masked]).

	jakob