Subject: proposal to the wg regarding Opt-in

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:11:52 +0100 (CET)

Trying to "move on"...

As I see it, we (the authors) have the following options:

   1) leave the draft as-is, or
   2) change the draft so it effectively states that:

      [currently]

      o In Opt-In, tagged NXT records indicate the existence or non-
     	existence of all SECURE nodes in the zone.

      [proposed]

      o In Opt-In, tagged NXT records indicate the existence or non-
        existence of all authoritative RRsets in the zone.

       (this assumes DS, and that DS at delegation point is authoritative
	data)

We would like to ask the wg, in light of the recent discussions and
mudthrowing, which path to follow.

Note from the authors:

We favour the first, and are (reluctantly) willing to go for the second,
if that would decrease the amount of fear, uncertainty and doubt to some
level, in order to reach consensus. However, real motivations for this
option are favoured (so we can include it in the draft).

Regards,

Roy Arends
Nominum

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.