Subject: moving along

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:13:29 -0800

before tackling difficult issues (i.e. we will ride other hobby horses
next week), as co-chairs, we would like to confirm that

  o we believe that we reached positive consensus on delegation signer,
    draft-ietf-dnsext-delegation-signer-05.txt.  but, imiho, it needs an
    edit before being shipped to the area director for review.

  o we believe that we have reached positive consensus on key restrict,
    draft-ietf-dnsext-restrict-key-for-dnssec-01.txt, though i am told
    it is about to get a mild update.

if you disagree with either of these two sets of assertions, now would be
a good time to say so.

randy

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:45:01 -0500

>    edit before being shipped to the area director for review.

Just asking, but given the mistakes made with 2535 and not having
sufficient operational testing before "progressing," shouldn't there be
some exercising of the DS code in an operational setting before such a
step?  I don't mean to sound facetious, but it would be good to have at
least a reference code set (one of which is progressing I understand) for
"sympathetic" testing.

There's been some talk about how DS plays into key rollover.  In
particular, I'd like to see that mature before setting DS in stone.

Perhaps I'm overreacting.  Would DS be headed for experimental (as an
alternative to 2535) or standards track at this time?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: [email-masked]

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:16:50 -0800

> step?

if we do not have reason to doubt the path, then 2026 tells us that is
what happens between ps and ds.

but if we doubt the path, then i, for one, would support being more
conservative.

how goes the isi ds experiment?

but i can sure see reclassifying 2535 as experimental, one we know does
not work well. :-)/2

randy