Subject: Protocol Action: GSS Algorithm for TSIG (GSS-TSIG) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:38:35 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'GSS Algorithm for TSIG
(GSS-TSIG)' <draft-ietf-dnsext-gss-tsig-05.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This document is the product of the DNS Extensions Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Erik Nordmark and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
The TSIG protocol provides transaction level authentication for DNS.
TSIG is extensible through the definition of new algorithms. This
document specifies an algorithm based on the Generic Security Service
Application Program Interface (GSS-API) (RFC2743).
 
Working Group Summary
 
The WG initially wanted to progress this as informational since there
was concern that it couldn't be implemented from the specification.

The WG chairs have been informed that there are at least two independent
interoperable implementations. Based on this feedback the WG came to consensus
about advancing this as a proposed standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Erik Nordmark.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>