Subject: DS key digest question

From: "Scott Rose" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 08:56:10 -0500

I was reading over the new Delegation Signer RR draft, and I like the
inclusion of how explicit query for DS is handled by the parent delegator.
I have a question about how the digest is computed.  From Section 2.4.1, it
says the KEY name and key data are used as the input to the hash function.
Are these the only fields to be used?

And how is the digest computed?  I am assuming:

digest = hash (KEY_RR_name | public_key_material )      where "|" is
concatenation.

It might be a good idea to pull this out and put it as a paragraph on its
own for clarity.

Scott
===============================================================
Scott Rose
Advanced Network Technologies Division
NIST

ph: 301-975-8439                       fax: 301-590-0932
http://www.antd.nist.gov/proj/dnssec
===============================================================

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 22:35:15 -0500

>It might be a good idea to pull this out and put it as a paragraph on its

Thanks for the comment, the data to be digested is
         canonical domain name | KEY_RR rdata

the rdata consists of flags, alg, protocol and public key

         Olafur