Subject: DS code & testing day (fwd)

From: Sam Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:38:48 -0400 (EDT)

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
  miss and therefore delete mis-posts.  so fix subscription addresses! ]

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:38:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: Sam Weiler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: DS code & testing day

I'm pleased to announce the availability of Nominum's BIND DS
implementation.  I'll try to send some documentation in the next few
days.

ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/snapshots/bind-9.3.0s20020618.tar.gz

We (Network Associates Laboratories) have done some testing of this
code, and I think it's ready for more widespread testing.  In
particular, I'd like to hold a one (or maybe two) day mini-workshop
before the IETF at our offices in Rockville, Maryland.  I understand
that many who would otherwise attend a workshop may be unable to do so
on such short notice and so close to the IETF, but I think there's
much to be gained even if we can't get the usual broad participation.

To repeat:
-- July 3rd (and/or 2nd)
-- Rockville, Maryland (near Washington, DC)
-- bring-your-own-laptop and network card
-- primarily testing with Nominum's DS code, announced above

If you're interested in attending, please let me know the following:
-- would you prefer a one or two day event?
-- which of July 2nd and 3rd are you available?
-- do you have some other DS implementation (server or resolver) or
   tools that you'd like to test?
-- do you need hotel information?

Based on the feedback I receive, I'll try to send a real announcement
no later than Monday.

-- Sam

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>