Subject: small comment on DS-08 draft

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:37:16 +0200

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
  miss and therefore delete mis-posts.  so fix subscription addresses! ]

hello,

In section 2.2 "Protocol Change":

   ...If a query contains the OK bit, a server returning a referral for the
      delegation MUST...

Change to

   ...If a query contains the OK bit, a server or cache, returning a referral for
      the delegation MUST...

By adding the "or cache" one implies that a DS cache MUST discriminate
between the parent NXT and child NXT and that it should return the
correct one.

regards,
Miek

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>