Subject: RE: qtype addr scorecard

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:35:15 -0700

> According to the documentation that I have Windows XP and later
supports
> 4 types of compatibility addresses: ISATAP, 6to4 (RFC 3056), 6over4
> (RFC 2529) and IPv4 compatible ( ::w.x.y.z). The supported
getaddrinfo()
> is only available on XP and later.  I don't expect any of this to be
> available
> on WNT, W2K or any of the Win9x O/S's even with MSR's IPv6 stack or
> the Win2K Technology Preview, though I could be wrong.
> 
> Maybe one of the Microsoft people could comment.

The documentation is available at http://www.microsoft.com/ipv6/

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 21:34:27 -0400

>The documentation is available at http://www.microsoft.com/ipv6/

Christian, it would have helped if you had answered the question asked. That
URL does not answer the question as you would have know had you read
that page. You would be better off pointing to the Ipv6/IPv4 migration 
document.

Danny

P.S. My email address is NOT [email-masked].  I don't know where you
got that one.