Subject: RFC 3364 on Tradeoffs in Domain Name System (DNS) Support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:02:20 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3364

        Title:	    Tradeoffs in Domain Name System (DNS) Support
                    for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
        Author(s):  R. Austein
        Status:	    Informational
	Date:       August 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 26544
        Obsoletes:  2673, 2874

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-ipv6-dns-tradeoffs-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3364.txt

The IETF has two different proposals on the table for how to do DNS
support for IPv6, and has thus far failed to reach a clear consensus
on which approach is better.  This note attempts to examine the pros
and cons of each approach, in the hope of clarifying the debate so
that we can reach closure and move on.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the
IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.