Subject: RE: wildcards, dnssec, and opt-in

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:02:29 -0700

> Unfortunately, to date, there has not been significant demand 
> for DNSSEC
> from customers.  As such, any registry that considers 
> deploying it must be
> willing to assume some risk, believing that in the future 
> customers will
> want DNSSEC.  What I take Phill's comments to mean is that 
> Verisign is not
> willing to take the risk.

Well we all speak for ourselves in these mailing lists.

However it is clear that we have not been able to persuade the 
registry to deploy to date on the basis of the non-OPTIN specs.

It does absolutely nothing for DNSEXT credibility inside the company
to have loonies on this list stating that their intention is to 
design a protocol that cannot be deployed in .com because they are
persuing some personal political campaign against the registry.

Nor does it do much for DNSEXT credibility inside the IETF.

The 'I am not comfortable with it line' is pure FUD straight
out of the textbooks on Agenda Denial. I do not believe the
issues being raised are being raised in good faith.

		Phill

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>