Subject: RE: wildcards, dnssec, and opt-in

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:41:40 -0700

>     I believe that the ability to deploy in .com, .net and .org is 
>     a requirement.
> 
> State your believes. Citate the requirements. What makes you think
> that these domains are different then the ones you don't mention?

We have been over this many, many times as you are undoubtedly aware.

Without OPTIN the cost of creating unnecessary NXT records is 
prohibitive. 

It is a scale issue that becomes apparent when you have over a 
million records.

I find it bizare that we are talking about hypothetical applications
of enum in Andora when it has already been established that without
a change to the processing of NXT, the DNSSEC protocol is undeployable
for the vast majority of current users.

		Phill

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Brian Wellington <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:07:10 -0700 (PDT)

> We have been over this many, many times as you are undoubtedly aware.

Far too often, yes.

> It is a scale issue that becomes apparent when you have over a 

I don't think it's ever been shown to be prohibitive.  Given modern 
hardware, why?

> for the vast majority of current users.

The vast majority of current users don't have zones the size of .com, so 
this is irrelevant.

Brian