Subject: DNSEXT WGLC summary: OPT-in

From: Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:10:14 -0500

This last call has completed.

The result of the last call was that there is consensus the technical
specification was almost ready. Authors have worked with this chair to
create a new version of the document that addresses the issues raised
in the last call and have submitted a new version. The message below
contains the list of changes to the document:
http://psg.com/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2003/msg00489.html
Due to the expected delay in posting the new version as a ID here is
a pointer to the new version:
http://www.logmess.com/~roy/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in-05.txt

The chair would like to thank the working group members that responded
to the message below and engaged in one of the better technical debates
the mailing list has seen.

         Olafur

>This working group last call concluded in December with NO comments,
>there have been some comments in the last 24 hours.
>The chairs would like a more affirmative statements from the working group
>about this document.
>
>Default action: if there is NO response to these questions Opt-in document
>will be removed from the working group.
>
>Note: We are only asking the technical questions about Opt-in, the political
>question if we want to standardize this will be addressed if the
>technical questions are affirmative.
>
>Q: Is the description in the document of Opt-In complete ?
>
>Q: Does this document satisfy people as being implement able and testable
>specification ?
>
>Q: Are there implementations of opt-in and have there been any tests ?
>
>The chairs will consider any response received on the mailing list or
>sent privately to BOTH chairs, by February 12'th.
>
>         Olafur

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>