Subject: RE: Q2: crypto algorithm requirements for DNSSEC

From: "Loomis, Rip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:57:12 -0500

>>  Curiosity: How many embedded devices run a full blown resolver today?
> 
> I don't know about today, but motorola apparently announced that
> they are going to use Linux in theit mobile phones and other personal
> electronic devices: 

I like Linux and use it daily.  However, the idea that a mobile device
can run even an *embedded* version of Linux but somehow wouldn't have
room for DSA in addition to RSA seems (to me) to be ludicrous.  So I'm
not sure that this latest disclosure helps us much on figuring out
whether DSA should remain a "must implement in the software" algorithm.

If a mobile phone running Linux has any crypto support at all, I would
expect it would have all of the OpenSSL library.

  --Rip

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>