Subject: Domain Name Dynamic Update for IPv6 Mobile Node while away from home.

From: Soohong Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:12:56 +0900

Hi folks

I'd like to discuss this document which is still rough and not submitted
yet.
Most of all, I want to listen to DNS folks' opinion.
Could you look into it and response to me ?
If I missed an important point, let me know it.
I attach this document.

	Daniel

  Abstract

  While a mobile node is attached to some foreign link away from home,
  it is addressable at one or more care-of addresses. But the address in
  DNS file is not care-of address but home address. Therefore, whenever
  new correspondent nodes are trying to connect to a mobile node, these
  packets are still gone through a Home Agent by reverse tunneling.
  This document suggests Domain Name Dynamic Update for IPv6 Mobile Node
  while away from home.

==============================================
     Soohong Daniel Park
     Researcher
     Mobile Platform Lab, Samsung electronics
     TEL:+82-31-200-3728  FAX:+82-31-200-3147
     mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:23:26 +0900

>  This document suggests Domain Name Dynamic Update for IPv6 Mobile Node

	err.... what is the purpose of "home address" and its associated domain
	name?

	your proposal basically says "we no longer need mobile-ip6, we just
	need to update DNS".

itojun

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>