Subject: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-2535typecode-change-00.txt

From: Sam Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:29:00 -0400 (EDT)

A new version of the typecode draft has been published.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-2535typecode-change-00.txt

Changes since the last version:

   Suggested specific type codes and mnemonics.

   Clarified interactions between the old and new types.

   Reordered the document.  Added sections on incrementing the EDNS
   version number, doing nothing, and specific protocol changes, as
   well as an acknowledgements section.  Substantially rewrote the
   introduction.

-- Sam

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Sam Weiler wrote:

> This document describes a solution to a backwards incompatibility
> problem between DS and resolvers that understand RFC2535.  The
> proposed solution of rolling the DNSSEC RR type codes has been
> implemented and received some testing at the opt-in workshop at RIPE
> in January (see Olaf's message of 5 Feburary and the ensuing
> discussion).  The same problem may be triggered when legacy resolvers
> see proofs of delegations being in insecure spans using opt-in,
> but this has not been tested.
>
> This problem was diagnosed by Jakob Schlyter and Mark Andrews earlier
> this year, though it probably caused some of the misbehavior seen on
> testbeds and in workshops last year.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>