Subject: Working Group Meeting update and Administrativia

From: "Olaf M.Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:42:30 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

Some updates for the DNSEXT WG meeting.

Initially we planned for a 1 hour meeting, fortunately we have been 
able to secure the meeting room for the slot immediately after the 
meeting. This means that we can take the agenda items and go in 
somewhat more depth. We've also added  extra agenda items: update from 
the AD and request from the IPSECKEY wg chairs. The updated agenda 
follows in a separate message.

To avoid having to read out the list of drafts and explaining where we 
are and to get a good feeling for the work that is still on our plate I 
have made a spreadsheet with the draft-ietf-dnsext files and identified 
their status. The spreadsheet is attached as HTML. I hope the comments 
are clear enough and that no errors are made in the status. The status 
is really workgroup centric, if you want to know what the status in for 
documents passed to the IESG you have to check the request checker. 
Please let us know if you spot serious inconsistencies and feel free to 
ask questions in private or on the list.

A second spreadsheet contains all the Standard Track documents that are 
relevant to DNSEXT.  It is important that these documents get 
progressed. Since not all the work can be done at once we have started 
to assign priorities to the documents, we invite your suggestions  and 
motivations for changed priorities. In august we (the chairs) will fix 
the priorities and will determine an order in which we want to bring up 
these document for progress at that point each document will get a 
milestone attached to it. We want to and guide each document from 
proposed to draft in roughly 3-6 months, we will publish the details 
about this later.

As for the draft Charter. As you may be aware Erik, our AD, is in the 
process of being replaced. At the moment of this writing it is not 
clear who the new AD will be. We want to discuss the draft charter with 
our new AD hence there has not been any activity with respect to the 
draft charter.

--Olaf Kolkman
   DNSEXT Co-Chair

P.S. Sorry for the text/html attachment. :-)