Subject: Re: LLMNR interoperability with Rendezvous?

From: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:34:52 -0700

Randy Bush wrote:

>sure.  what changes will be needed in rendezvous?

We'd need to add the ability to respond to TCP connections (which is 
something that was always in the plans anyway; we simply haven't had any 
devices that needed it yet).

There are several things that Rendezvous does that LLMNR doesn't, but I 
was not asking the Working Group to adopt these extensions. They are 
things that Rendezvous does to accomodate the situation where more than 
one host may respond to a given query, something that has not been a 
priority for this Working Group or LLMNR.

Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
 * Wizard Without Portfolio, Apple Computer, Inc.
 * www.stuartcheshire.org

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>