Subject: List administration (fwd)

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:18:37 -0500 (EST)

Did this actually go out to the list?

Or did it get subjected to some special "filtering" in further violation 
of IETF policies.

I would appreciate it if some verizon customers would send me an 'ack'.

		--Dean

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:47:12 -0500 (EST)
From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: List administration

I was following this message from Nanog, in which Randy Bush is 
complaining about Verizon spam filtering.   What is alarming, is the 
change that Mr. Bush put into the PSG mail system, which also handles 
namedroppers email.

I think that if PSG does not have the resources to handle the mail for 
namedroppers without capriciously deleted mail, then it should be handed 
to someone else who does have the resources.

I would like to volunteer Av8 Internet as a more suitable and resourceful 
host for the namedroppers site.

I need not remind anyone of the past administration problems with Dan
Bernstein and others which have resulted in censure and administrative
changes to the administration of Namedroppers by PSG and Mr. Bush. These
problems have been repeated, and it seems that we are at the start of yet
another administration "problem".  It seems to me that no matter what we
do, we will never rid ourselves of a constant stream of administrative
problems if we keep the hosting the list at PSG.

By contrast, Av8 Internet has no political axe to grind over whose email
to send and whose to interfere with.  Av8 does not interfere with anyone's
email, nor will it ever capriciously delete anyone's email, nor will it
ever abuse its administrative privileges for personal harrassment.

Dean Anderson
CEO 
Av8 Internet, Inc

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:10:16 -0800
From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
To: Jared Mauch <[email-masked]>
Cc: Suresh Ramasubramanian <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: Re: incorrect spam setups cause spool messes on forwarders

> I think he's saying that they were unable to perform the
> validation hence the 450.  If the validation was successful,
> they'd return a 200 series code, if it was unsuccessful, they
> would return a 500 series code.

nice words, but crap.  due to needs to spool mail for sites in
countries with very poor connectivity, mail spool time here is
quite long.  if verizon and others seem unable to decide in weeks,
why should i pay the penalty?

but, i guess the problem is easily solved with exim config.  i have
set it so that if it can not deliver to verizon in say one hour, it
dumps the mail.

    verizon.net        *           F,1h,5m

life is simple, except for verizon users i guess.

randy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>