Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-protocol-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:29:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Protocol Modifications for the DNS Security Extensions
	Author(s)	: R. Arends
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-protocol-04.txt
	Pages		: 55
	Date		: 2003-12-18
	
This document is part of a family of documents which describes the
DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC).  The DNS Security Extensions are a
collection of new resource records and protocol modifications which
add data origin authentication and data integrity to the DNS.  This
document describes the DNSSEC protocol modifications.  This document
defines the concept of a signed zone, along with the requirements for
serving and resolving using DNSSEC.  These techniques allow a
security-aware resolver to authenticate both DNS resource records and
authoritative DNS error indications.
This document obsoletes RFC 2535 and incorporates changes from all
updates to RFC 2535.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-protocol-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-protocol-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-protocol-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.