Subject: Re: List administration (fwd)

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:53:02 -0500 (EST)

At least one person seems to think my view is pretty unique, so if you are
concerned about this, perhaps some "me-too"s would help demonstrate that I
am not the only person with this concern.

I would like to have some confirmation from the Chairs that one of the
following has occured:

1) Randy was just exaggerating his threat to configure his servers to
delete mail queued for one hour, and that he has been properly chastised
for making such threats with respect to IETF list operation.

or

2) That Randy has changed the server config back so that he is no longer 
deleting IETF email, and has been properly chastised for deleting this 
email in violation of IETF policies, and chastised for making such changes 
without notification or approval.

I think many people would like to have an assurance that namedropper's
email is not being deleted before delivery, and that the queue time is at
least 3 days.  

Thanks,

		--Dean

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: "Al Costanzo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:06:25 -0500

Dear IETF Chairs and members of the this mailing list:

I personally think Randy does a damn good job an unlike closed minded
indivuals he at listens to ideas.

If he has done something I am sure there is a good reason for it.  In the
years I have been associated with the IETF and this mailing list. I can name
at least one person that is fair and open minded and that is Randy.

IMHO Randy should not be chastised but applauded for all the work he has
done for the IETF.

Now these comments from me may come as a suprise to Randy since we have not
always seen eye to eye on a few things.

But if the IETF chairs want to do something to Randy, how about a pat on the
back and a thank you for a job well done!

Randy, believe or not. I always considered you helpful to me. Even when you
told me I couldn't do something or another.

Sincerely,

Al Costanzo
IETF contributor/member/sitter on the sidelines since 1979

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:07:44 -0500 (EST)

> IMHO Randy should not be chastised but applauded for all the work he has

For work he has done, he should be applauded. If he is dropping mails 
after 1 hour, for that he should be chastised.

--Len.