Subject: WGLC on DNSSEC bis document set

From: Olaf Kolkman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:54:24 +0100

Dear Working Group Colleagues,

This is a working group last call for the DNSSEC bis specification.

The document set consists out of 3 documents that are lined up for
the standards track:
     draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-intro-08
     draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-records-06
     draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-protocol-04

these documents update and replace the different RFCs related to
DNSSEC this working group has produced over the last 5 years.

We would like to urge you to review and comment on the document
set. This specification has significant impact on the DNS and it is
important that the specifications are unambiguous and implementable.

Please provide statements of support or non-supports. We would like a
clear technical motivation on why you support this document set, why
you have issues with it or why you consent with the content; is the
specification consistent, understandable, implementable, 
testable, &c, &c.

The working group last call will conclude Jan 15 2004, we hope that
that provides the WG with sufficient time to read the document
set.

We would like to acknowledge: Roy Arends, Rob Austein, Matt Larson,
Dan Massey and Scott Rose for putting in the enourmous effort to get
the spec WGLC ready in 2003!

  ---------------------   WGLC  Details  --------------------------

If new issues are brought up that cause significant changes to the
text a new WGLC will be issued. Minor issues will be processed based
on working group consensus on the individual issues; there will be no
WGLC if there are only minor issues that are solved easily and timely.

Please bring technical issues to the list. Please try to use the
format for bringing up issues as described in our monthly posting
(http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2003/msg02045.html).
Also split issues in separate mails this will make them stand out and
easier to discuss.

Editorial nits can be mailed directly to the editors:
                        [email-masked].

The specification has been written by an editors team that was tasked
with documenting the protocol as specified in RFC's generated by this
group and Internet Drafts that have been passed on by the working
group to the IESG. For completeness we would like to mention that the
dnssec-editors communication has been archived at:
http://www.east.isi.edu/projects/DNSSEC The editing process has been
documented in e.g.
http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2003/msg00165.html

As mentioned in an announcement list the document set follows the text
of the last DNSSEC document that still needs to be finalized
draft-ietf-dnsext-nsec-rdata-02.txt. Whatever will be decided on that
document will be reflected in this document set.

Happy reading, spend your holidays well.

--Olaf Kolkman
  Olafur Gudmundsson
  DNSEXT Chairs.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>