Subject: New I-D on using DNS to support Emergency Calls

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:55:38 -0500

Please have a look at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-dns-sos-00.txt

Yeah, I know.  Flame away.  I think it's a pretty good idea anyway :)

Brian

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: "Al Costanzo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:20:31 -0500

Dear Brian & everyone on the namedroppers list,

When I tell you I total agree that this information needs to be in the DNS
for a number or reasons:

1.911 as you mentioned
2.Credit Card Verification Processing
3.New Anti-Spam Legislation

To add just two more.

After reading your draft, I disagree on how the information is to be
inserted into the RR.

The address needs to be listed in the RR as it was a postal address. The
reason for this is ease of use. Everyone know their own address but not mank
know thier geographic location.

I welcome you and everone to help me come up with a solution in this matter.
A document I just revised is attached to this email. Not sure if the list
server allows such things.

I am not a proud or I need it done my way or I want the glory for the RFC
kinda guy.

I see a problem that needs to be addressed, I think the solution I presented
is the best solution, but if anyone thinks this idea can be tweaked or you
want to co-author the work and work on this solution with me, please feel
free to let me know. I however do not want the RR to use Log and Lat as
reference points.

The draft has been submitted as: draft-costanzo-dns-gl-06.txt  but I am sure
it is not listed in the I-D directory yet.