Subject: correction to RRSIG presentation format in DNSSECbis -records draft

From: "Scott Rose" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:53:08 -0500

Recently pointed out by Miek and Erik Rozendaal in the Resource Records
draft of the DNSSECbis spec is the discrepancy between the ASCII
presentation formats of the RRSIG and NSEC RRs.

In the text, the RRSIG Type Covered field is supposed to be represented as a
RR type mnemonic or an unsigned integer.  This goes against the convention
in RFC 3597 which states that unknown RR types should be represented as
"TYPE<number>" where <number> is the typecode.

The text for the representation of the NSEC RR type bitmap already states
this (as it was written after RFC3597).  The text for the RRSIG
representation was changed to be consistent with RFC 3597 and the NSEC text.

Section 3.2 paragraph 2 will now read:

   The Type Covered field is represented as a RR type
   mnemonic.  When the mnemonic is not known, the TYPE
   representation as described in [RFC3597]
   (section 5) MUST be used.

Thanks,
Scott
DNSSECbis editors

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>