Subject: RE: NSEC version field (Re: NSEC2- and an Authenticated Denial M echanism Flag)

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:48:41 -0700

> At 12:41 -0700 5/28/04, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
> >Could we maybe as a compromise agree now that the only difference
> >between v1 and v2 will be that in v2 a new versioned NSEC
> >record would be used?
> 
> I don't think there's been an agreement that there ought to be an 
> answer to zone enumeration.  

I think you are missing the point that I and Olafur have been making.

What the requirements may be is not the subject under discussion.
The issue under discussion is whether we have to fix DNSSECbis.

The quickest way to arrive at a consensus that we do not have to
change DNSSECbis is to convince the Europeans that deployment of
DNSSECbis as it stands will not preclude a future ammendment to 
address an issue they consider a deployment showstopper.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>