Subject: Prupose of draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-trans-00.txt

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:32:55 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

This is to try to set the focus for the discussion.

We now have an inventory of several ways to introduce prevention of
zone enumeration.

The question is if with this set of ways forward we can ship
DNSSEC-bis without closing the doors on ourselves.

We do not want to select the actual solution now, we want to make sure
if we do not close the door on ourselves. 

If you think we are closing the door on ourselves by shipping
DNSSEC-bis as is than please speak up (as Simon Josefsson did in the
"DNSKEY flags field" thread). 

The drafts is for our 'corporate memory' and to help us when we work
on the zone enumeration later. We do not have to have a perfectly
cooked version before DNSSEC-bis ships.

Please try to work towards the common goal of getting DNSSEC-bis to
the IESG in a good shape without closing the door on future work on
prevention of zone enumeration.

-- Olaf
   DNSEXT co-chair.

---------------------------------| Olaf M. Kolkman
---------------------------------| RIPE NCC

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>