Subject: IETF-61 DNSEXT agenda items

From: Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:43:52 -0400

Please send them into to me.

Agenda items we know about are:
	DNS Wildcard clarification document
	Negative Answer Requirements
	Key Management

	New Charter

send in other items.
	
	Olaf & Olafur

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:05:33 +0200

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 09:43:52PM -0400,
 Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]> wrote 

> Agenda items we know about are:

Following the closure of the MARID Working Group
(http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg05054.html), an
independent effort is going on to submit an Internet-Draft about SPF
as a future Experimental RFC (as Ted Hardie requested in the above
message).

The version -00 of the draft, edited by Mark Lentczner, is ready (see
a preliminary version at
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/spf/draft-lentczner-spf-00pre2.{html,txt})
and will be formally submitted tomorrow.

Since this I-D creates a new RR type (see
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/spf/draft-lentczner-spf-00pre2.html#anchor14),
I believe it would be a good idea to discuss it in a small slot of
DNSext. What do you think of it?

I do not know if Mark Lentczner will be there. If not, I can present
the issue.

---

From: Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:13:10 -0400

>I do not know if Mark Lentczner will be there. If not, I can present

Section 3 of the document is relevant for DNSEXT and will at some
point require review by DNSEXT. The rest of the document is outside our
charter and scope. We are fully aware there is no WG home for
this proposal at this point.

Members of the working group please read section #3 of the document after
it is published and send comments to editors.

The chairs will take this request under consideration and co-ordinate with
AD on how to treat this request.

         Olafur

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:08:01 -0400 (EDT)

[ Moderators note: This post needed manual approval.

   Either it was posted by a non-subscribed address, or the posting
   was too large ( > 20000bytes ) for this list.

   With the massive amount of spam, it is easy to miss and therefore
   delete posts that need manual approval.

   Please use your subscribed address to post, or shorten your
   postings by using links instead of attachments. ]

Hi,

Please post any comments on these two drafts. I gave brief presentations 
on them at the last IETF and plan to do so again next month. If there are 
no substantial comments, I will ask that they be working group Last Called 
right after the upcoming meeting.

Thanks,
Donald

PS: It would be preferable if you use only the name of the draft you are 
commenting in the subject line...
======================================================================
  Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
  155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-786-7554(w)
  Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:00:40 +0200

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 10:13:10AM -0400,
 Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 42 lines which said:

> Members of the working group please read section #3 of the document
> after it is published and send comments to editors.

It is published:

        Title           : Sender Policy Framework: Authorizing Use of Domains in MAIL FROM
        Author(s)       : M. Lentczner, M. Wong
        Filename        : draft-lentczner-spf-00.txt
        Pages           : 46
        Date            : 2004-10-13

What about the slot?