Subject: New versions of DNSSECbis drafts posted

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 05:08:15 -0400

New versions of the DNSSECbis drafts have just been sent off to the
Internet-Drafts coordinator.  Copies (and htmlwdiff output) are also
available on the web at:

  http://www.hactrn.net/ietf/dns/dnssec-editors/

These versions incorporate minor changes in response to review by the
IESG.

As far as the editors know, we're done, and these drafts are now ready
to be tossed over the wall to the RFC Editor.

As always, please send minor comments to [email-masked],
substantive issues to namedroppers.

--Rob (on behalf of your friendly neighborhood DNSSEC editors)

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:27:07 -0400

>to be tossed over the wall to the RFC Editor.

We the chairs want to thank the editors and our AD for quick and
through work in resolving issues identified during the IETF Last call
and IESG review.
The changes in the documents are minor here are the highlights:

All documents spell out names of DNSSEC RR types at least one now,
         as well as use the Type mnemonic.

Intro contains two new definitions that where used but have not been formally
         defined anywhere: "Zone Apex" and "Authorative RRset". Please
         check out these definitions and send comments to namedroppers if there
         is mistake in the definitions.

Intro in section 6 rewords and clarifies issues related to inability to get
          DNSSEC RR types in certain cases.

Protocol Section 3 has modified text related to IPv6 fragmentation issue.

Records clarifies that type code numbers base (decimal).

Records and Protocol have small text changes related to authentication actions
         that better express intent.

>substantive issues to namedroppers.

If we hear nothing by Wed editors will hand documents over to RFC-editor.
Note: small changes can be handled during the RFC editing process so keep them
coming to dnssec-editors.

>--Rob (on behalf of your friendly neighborhood DNSSEC editors)

thanks
         Olafur (on behalf of your DNSEXT chairs)