Subject: RFC2538bis WGLC summary

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:15:59 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

The working group last call on summary  [1] has long been concluded. 

We have had (public) feedback on the last call from two (!)
participants. Given that there was significant feedback on the
document while it was still a personal submission we do not thing that
this indicates that the document has not been reviewed
sufficiently. Based on that we will forward the (updated) document,
but not with warm fuzzies.

There are a few minor issues [2] that came up during last call that will
need to be addressed but that do not warrant a new WGLC. We will allow
this working group another 2 weeks to catch possible errors before
forwarding the revised document to the IESG. 

One open process issue is interoperability testing. We think that if
we accompany the edits with an interoperability test we can lift it to
draft standard. Simon is working on a test-plan, we are looking for
volunteers to review that test plan and for volunteers to do the
testing. We do not think this is on the critical path. If no
volunteers can be found in time we will push this document to the IESG
and recycle it at "proposed."

Thanks to Simon for the editing of the document, he has done a good
job on tracking questions, requests and changes. My apologies for not
wrapping up this last call earlier.

--Olaf
  DNSEXT Co-Chair

[1] http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2005/msg00411.html
[2] http://josefsson.org/rfc2538bis/

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>