Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:48:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Role of Wildcards in the Domain Name System
	Author(s)	: E. Lewis
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-06.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2005-5-11
	
This is an update to the wildcard definition of RFC 1034.  The
   interaction with wildcards and CNAME is changed, an error
   condition removed, and the words defining some concepts central to
   wildcards are changed.  The overall goal is not to change wildcards,
   but to refine the definition of RFC 1034.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:12:11 -0400

>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-06.txt

The substantial differences are in section 4 (NS, DNAME, etc.).
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                +1-571-434-5468
NeuStar

If you knew what I was thinking, you'd understand what I was saying.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:45:21 +0200

On Wed, 11 May 2005 16:12:11 -0400

> The substantial differences are in section 4 (NS, DNAME, etc.).

Also see:
    http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dnsext/draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify/
which provides a very nice interface for tracking the changes.

-- Olaf

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:07:43 -0400

>which provides a very nice interface for tracking the changes.

Looks like I need to word wrap it again...the next edition will be 
only changes to that.

(I thought the word wrap was 78 chars.  Some tool told me 72 and I 
trimmed to that.  Now this tool tells me some lines are 1 byte too 
long.)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:08:00 +0000

for some reason, when i ask the ietf site for this doc, it claims it does
not yet exist or has expired.  :(

--bill

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:25:40 -0400

me too.

I went to ftp.ietf.org via an olde-tyme ftp client, "cd 
internet-drafts" and did an mget on "*wcard*6*" and it was there.

---

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 21:03:10 +0100

> which provides a very nice interface for tracking the changes.

Anyone who hasn't discovered wdiff needs to :-)

-- 
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html       http://www.thebunker.net/

"There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he
doesn't mind who gets the credit." - Robert Woodruff