Subject: rfc 4035 examples nits

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:47:26 +0200 (CEST)

WG-chairs, Sam, et alii,

Would you be so kind and have these added to the dnssec-bis-errata
document?

A few nits found in the examples section of rfc4035

   C.1.  Authenticating an Answer

The text in both paragraphs refer to the examples in B.1 as
"x.w.example.com" while B.1 is "x.w.example".  This is painfully obvious
in the second paragraph where it states that the RRSIG labels field value
of 3 indicates that the answer was not the result of wildcard expansion.
This is true for "x.w.example" but not for "x.w.example.com", which
ofcourse has a label count of 4 (antithetically, a label count of 3 would
imply the answer _was_ the result of a wildcard expansion).

   C.1.1  Authenticating the Example DNSKEY RR

   This example shows the logical authentication process that starts
   from the a configured root DNSKEY (or DS RR) and moves down the tree
   to authenticate the desired "example" DNSKEY RR.

second sentence: "the a" should be "a"

   C.6.  Wildcard Expansion

first paragraph:
   ...
   is the result of wildcard expansion, as the "a.z.w.example" name
   contains 4 labels.  The name "a.z.w.w.example" is replaced by
   "*.w.example", the MX RRset is placed in canonical form, and,
   ...

In the second sentence quoted above, "a.z.w.w.example" should be
"a.z.w.example".

Thanks,

Roy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>