Subject: Two drafts for Automated Trust Anchor Key Rollover

From: Thierry Moreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:05:57 -0400

Dear all:

I submitted two drafts for automated trust anchor key rollover:

(1) draft-moreau-dnsext-sdda-rr-00.txt
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moreau-dnsext-sdda-rr-00.txt)

The SEP DNSKEY Direct Authenticator DNS Resource Record (SDDA-RR)

Abstract

      This document specifies a generic DNS resource record format for
      "direct authentication" of DSNKEY records with the SEP bit (Secure
      Entry Point) set to "1". Although a generic record format is
      specified with type fields allowing standardized or proprietary
      extensions, the only use of SDDA RR in DNSSEC operations is the
      support of trust anchor key management operations. Schemes using
      the SDDA-RR format are to be specified in other documents.

(2) draft-moreau-dnsext-takrem-dns-00.txt
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moreau-dnsext-takrem-dns-00.txt)

The Trust Anchor Key Renewal Method Applied to DNS Security (TAKREM-DNSSEC)

Abstract

      This document provides additional security protocol elements to the
      DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC, [RFC4033], [RFC4034], [RFC4035]),
      in the area of DNSSEC key management support functions. It
      specifies an automated key rollover mechanism for trust anchor
      keys. This mechanism has implications on the trust anchor key
      generation procedures, because it is an integrated scheme that
      supports the security of trust anchor signature key pairs used in
      consecutive cryptoperiods.

I offered to make a presentation at IETF-64 in Vancouver on this subject 
area.

IPR disclosure will be posted for draft-moreau-dnsext-takrem-dns-00.txt 
per RFC3668, hopefully by this coming Thursday (no IPR disclosure 
required for draft-moreau-dnsext-sdda-rr-00.txt).

Regards,

-- 

- Thierry Moreau

CONNOTECH Experts-conseils inc.
9130 Place de Montgolfier
Montreal, Qc
Canada   H2M 2A1

Tel.: (514)385-5691
Fax:  (514)385-5900

web site: http://www.connotech.com
e-mail: [email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>