Subject: IETF-64 DNSEXT Agenda

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:18:08 -0400

As we have now a new tool to post agenda's on-line in real time newer
versions of this agenda may get posted at 
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/05nov/agenda/dnsext.html

	Olafur & Olaf

WG:		DNSEXT @ IETF-64  in Vancouver
Date:		2005/11/07 Monday
Time:		9;00 - 11:30
Location	?:	
Chairs:		Olafur Gudmundsson [email-masked]
		Olaf Kolkman [email-masked]
Version:	1.0

Agenda Bashing and appointment of scribes:

Documents Status:
  Documents Advanced:
   LLMNR:
      in a limbo between IETF Last Call and nits
      http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-mdns-45.txt

   Case Insensitive:
      In RFC-editors queue
      http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-insensitive-06.txt

   CERT RR:
       Still at IESG waiting for votes
       http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2538bis-09.txt

    TSIG-SHA:
       Advanced to IESG waiting for IETF Last call to start.
       http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-tsig-sha-05.txt

     DHCID
       Advanced to IESG waiting for IETF Last call to start.
       http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-09.txt

  Last call completed waiting for chair:
      Waiting for chairs to forward to AD
      http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-08.txt

  Drafts in last calls:
    Derivation of DNS Name Predecessor and Successor
       http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dns-name-p-s-01.txt

    Minimally Covering NSEC Records and DNSSEC On-line Signing
       http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-online-signing-00.txt

    NSID Name Server Identifier Option
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-nsid-00.txt

    DSA Keying and Signature Information in the DNS
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2536bis-dsa-06.txt

    Storage of Diffie-Hellman Keying Information in the DNS
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2539bis-dhk-06.txt

   Drafts waiting for Last calls:
    Evaluating DNSSEC Transition Mechanisms
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-trans-03.txt

    DNSSEC experiments
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-experiments-01.txt

    Elliptic Curve Keys in the DNS
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-ecc-key-08.txt

Ongoing
   Clarifications and Implementation Notes for DNSSECbis
     http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-bis-updates-01

   Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations
     http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-2929bis-01.txt

   Enhanced Privacy on Negative answers
      NSEC replacement Requirements
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-signed-nonexistence-requirements-02.txt

      DNSSEC Hash Authenticated Denial of Existence
         http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-nsec3-02.txt

Automated DNSSEC Trust anchor management:
    Automated Updates of DNSSEC Trust Anchors:
      http://www.ietf.org/wg/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-trustupdate-timers-01.txt

    An In-Band Rollover Mechanism and an Out-Of-Band Priming Method 
for DNSSEC Trust Anchors.
       http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dnsext/draft-ietf-dnsext-trustupdate-threshold/draft-ietf-dnsext-trustupdate-threshold-00.txt

Other Proposals:
   By Thierry Moreau two draft for one new proposal
   The Trust Anchor Key Renewal Method Applied to DNS Security
     http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moreau-dnsext-takrem-dns-00.txt
   The SEP DNSKEY Direct Authentication DNS Resource Record (SDDA-RR)
     http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moreau-dnsext-sdda-rr-00.txt

   By Ben Laurie
  Distributing Keys for DNSSEC
     http://www.links.org/dnssec/draft-laurie-dnssec-key-distribution-00.txt

Other Draft discussion:
     DNS Start of Authority Discovery
     Mark Andrews
     http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-andrews-soa-discover-00.txt

Future and possible direction of the working group:
Is it time to close down the working group?
The productivity of the working group has declined, there are no major
protocol issues pressing for attention.
Most of the work in front of us is process related advancement and
there seems to be limited interest in doing this work.

Is there any need for this group?

If the WG continues
What should the WG be doing ?  (new charter needed)

What should the milestones be ?

Interoperabilty testing reports:

DNS Compliance testing report:
    Nobumichi Ozoe http://www.tahi.org/dns/

Drafts from other WG's requesting review:
        None at this point

Wrap-up

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:09:27 +1000

>      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-andrews-soa-discover-00.t
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andrews-dnsext-soa-discovery-00.txt