Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Role of Wildcards in the Domain Name System' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:23:12 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The Role of Wildcards in the Domain Name System '
   <draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the DNS Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-11.txt

Technical Summary
 
      This is an update to the wildcard definition of RFC 1034.  The
      interaction with wildcards and CNAME is changed, an error
      condition removed, and the words defining some concepts central
      to wildcards are changed.  The overall goal is not to change
      wildcards, but to refine the definition of RFC 1034.
 
Working Group Summary
 
      This document is a work item of the DNSEXT WG.  The WG has
      consensus to publish this document as a Proposed Standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
       This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>