Subject: Protocol Action: 'HMAC SHA TSIG Algorithm Identifiers' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:21:01 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'HMAC SHA TSIG Algorithm Identifiers '
   <draft-ietf-dnsext-tsig-sha-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the DNS Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-tsig-sha-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
   Use of the Domain Name System TSIG resource record requires
   specification of a cryptographic message authentication code.
   Currently identifiers have been specified only for the HMAC MD5
   (Message Digest) and GSS (Generic Security Service) TSIG algorithms.
   This document standardizes identifiers and implementation
   requirements for additional HMAC SHA (Secure Hash Algorithm) TSIG
   algorithms and standardizes how to specify and handle the truncation
   of HMAC values in TSIG.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document was produced by the DNSEXT WG.  The Wg has consesnsus 
   to publish this document as a Proposed Standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.
   Elwyn Davies performede a very helpful review of this document 
   during IETF LC.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>