Subject: DLV now an informational section of DNS protocol suite, plus the TA RR as a bonus

From: Thierry Moreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:08:25 -0500

Dear all:

I realized that the DLV scheme has been approved as the
informational RFC4431, and that the DLV RR and the TA RR has been
approved by IANA according to
http://www.iana.org/assignments/dns-parameters . The TA RR
interworking specification is in
http://www.watson.org/~weiler/INI1999-19.pdf .

Does anybody know the details of procedural compliance with
section 3.1 in RFC2929 and section 2 in RFC2434 in these two
cases?

In other words, how were RFC4431 and INI1999-19.pdf reviewed to
ensure that they provided "sufficient detail so that
interoperability between independent implementations is possible"
?

We may observe that both the DLV RR and TA RR are intended to
cope with the situation where the DNS root zone signature is
missing for DNSSEC deployment.

In addition, the recently approved ICANN-Verisign settlement (in
http://www.icann.org/topics/vrsn-settlement/
revised-root-transition-agreement-redline-29jan06.pdf) previously
hoped to "sign and publish the root and ARPA zones commencing in
2005 and completing by 2006," and is now only "commencing in
2006."

Regards,

-- 

- Thierry Moreau

CONNOTECH Experts-conseils inc.
9130 Place de Montgolfier
Montreal, Qc
Canada   H2M 2A1

Tel.: (514)385-5691
Fax:  (514)385-5900

web site: http://www.connotech.com
e-mail: [email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>