Subject: RFC 4470 on Minimally Covering NSEC Records and DNSSEC On-line Signing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:54:09 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4470

        Title:      Minimally Covering NSEC Records and 
                    DNSSEC On-line Signing 
        Author:     S. Weiler, J. Ihren
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17471
        Updates:    RFC4035, RFC4034
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-online-signing-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4470.txt

This document describes how to construct DNSSEC NSEC resource records 
that cover a smaller range of names than called for by RFC 4034.  By 
generating and signing these records on demand, authoritative name 
servers can effectively stop the disclosure of zone contents otherwise 
made possible by walking the chain of NSEC records in a signed zone.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group 
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>