Subject: RFC 4592 on The Role of Wildcards in the Domain Name System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:23:30 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4592

        Title:      The Role of Wildcards in 
                    the Domain Name System 
        Author:     E. Lewis
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 43991
        Updates:    RFC1034, RFC2672
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4592.txt

This is an update to the wildcard definition of RFC 1034.  The
interaction with wildcards and CNAME is changed, an error
condition is removed, and the words defining some concepts central
to wildcards are changed.  The overall goal is not to change
wildcards, but to refine the definition of RFC 1034.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>