Subject: Problems in DDNS Client Development for Secure Update

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 12:48:46 +0530

Hi

   Iam Badrinath SVN, Flextronics Software Systems Chennai, India.

   I am facing some problems in development of DDNS Client for secure DNS
updates using MD5 and statically assigned keys both side.

   In RFC: 2845, Section 3.4,

   1. For calculation of TSIG, we have to use whole DNS message (without
Additional section and AdditionalCount decremented by 1 before digested) in
network byte order or wire format.

       Are both network byte order or wire format same or different??

   2. In sec3.4.2, TSIG RR CLASS which is always ANY 0x00FF, is not in
network byte order in calculation of TSIG???

   I did not understand how to calculate the TSIG for DNS Update.

   When I prepared the DNS message for update, all multi octet integers are
converted to network byte order using htons() and htonl(). Is that prepared
message have to take for TSIG calculation???

Thanks & Regards

Badrinath SVN