Subject: Relaxing Gratuitous TSIG Requirement comments

From: Brian Wellington <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:56:40 -0800 (PST)

I was just asked to look at this draft.  It's a bit confusing, having 
successfully written an implementation of a GSS-TSIG TKEY client, which 
does verify the "gratuitous" TSIG.

Nominum DCS (a DHCP server that can perform DDNS updates) uses code which 
does validate the final TSIG, and would be broken by this protocol change.

I'm not sure what the confusion is about the input to GSS_GetMIC.  In our 
implementation (of the server half of the TKEY exchange), we compute the 
TSIG on the final message of the key exchange as if the message were a 
query; that is, all of the normal fields from the message are used in the 
computation of the MIC, but there's no previous signature to feed in.  Our 
implementation interoperates with at least Windows 2000 and Windows Server 
2003 using this mechanism.

Brian

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>