Subject: DNSEXT list policy

From: Olaf Kolkman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 08:35:02 +0100 (CET)

- List Purpose

  [email-masked] is the mailing list for the IETF DNSEXT
  working group.  

  See <http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dnsext-charter.html> for the
  wg charter.  Messages should be on topics appropriate to the dnsext
  wg, which are various discussion of the DNS protocols or
  administrivia of the WG itself.

- Specific items that are not not appropriate for posting

  Calls for papers, announcements of events not directly relevant to
  the DNS protocols, etc. are not appropriate.  

  Discussion of problems with particular implementations,
  announcements of releases, sites' misconfigurations, pleas for help
  with specific implementations, etc.  should be done on mailing lists
  for the particular implementations.

  There is a working group for dns operational practice, DNSOP, whose
  charter can be found at
  <http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dnsop-charter.html>. Items
  relevant to the DNSOP charter are to be discussed on the DNSOP
  mailinglist.

  Discussion about the quality of implementations is outside the scope
  of this list.

- Moderation

  Moderation is based on "subscriber-only with spam filter". To
  counter a certain class of spam mails messages over 20000
  characters, originating from list subscribers, will be held for
  moderations.

  Questions or concerns related to the acceptance or rejection of
  specific messages to the namedroppers mailing list should first be
  discussed with the wg chairs, with followup appeals using the normal
  appeals process of rfc 2026 (i.e. follup with area directors, then
  iesg, etc.).

  There is a mailing list for the discussion of ietf processes, which
  includes any general discussion of the moderation of ietf mailing
  lists.  it is [email-masked]

---

NOTE WELL:

All statements related to the activities of the IETF and addressed to the 
IETF are subject to all provisions of Section 10 of RFC 2026, which grants 
to the IETF and its participants certain licenses and rights in such 
statements.

Such statements include verbal statements in IETF meetings, as well as 
written and electronic communications made at any time or place, which are 
addressed to

    - the IETF plenary session,
    - any IETF working group or portion thereof,
    - the IESG, or any member thereof on behalf of the IESG,
    - the IAB or any member thereof on behalf of the IAB,
    - any IETF mailing list, including the IETF list itself,
      any working group or design team list, or any other list
      functioning under IETF auspices,
    - the RFC Editor or the Internet-Drafts function

Statements made outside of an IETF meeting, mailing list or other function, 
that are clearly not intended to be input to an IETF activity, group or 
function, are not subject to these provisions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
$Id: dnsext-list-policy.txt,v 1.8 2005/01/12 15:54:51 olaf Exp $

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>