Subject: Aging Mental Decline Reversible?

From: Freda A. Mcgee <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 11:39:42 -0500

Word Is Out, Big News Monday!

Score One Inc.
SREA
$0.20 UP 33.3%

This week's news has already been pushing SREA up. Word is out a BIG
news release is expected Monday! Keep your eyes open and get on SREA
Monday!

What are your thoughts on the matter of prizes and research?

In that, it has already succeeded spectacularly.

This brief piece from Betterhumans doesn't give much more information
than that, but it looks like we'll be hearing more about this before the
year is out.

Click here to see how easy it is.

It gives a view of the future of nutritional advice: the most effective
diets for health and longevity are determined from a reading of your
genes.
The following links should be useful in this regard. htmlFollowing up on
Monday's article on deep divisions between merchants, doctors and
researchers, here's another good one from the Seattle Times.

The prize can be awarded multiple times as researchers compete with
incremental improvements in science. This article is a proposal for a
similar prize for research that produces mice with the longest lives.
Osteoporosis is high up on the list of long-term worries for healthy
life extensionists, alongside degenerative conditions like Alzheimer's.

htmlIt looks like a drug used to treat diabetes has been found to mimic
the healthy life extension effects of calorie restriction in mice.

htmlYahoo News reports on promising early studies in regenerative
medicine by StemCells, Inc. So let's firmly attach "healthy" in front of
"life extension" and see how it goes.

Osteoporosis is high up on the list of long-term worries for healthy
life extensionists, alongside degenerative conditions like Alzheimer's.
orgThe Cryonics Society of Canada has updated their site; it's a useful
resource for those who want to know more about cryonics. In this case,
it seems that men who are genetically prone to higher levels of an
anti-inflammatory protein are more likely to live longer lives. It is
vital to look to the future, and more importantly, work to create the
sort of future you can and want to live in. htmThis article illustrates
a portion of the ongoing internal debate between segments of the
anti-aging supplement and medicine industry. This happens ahead of the
forthcoming debate on banning theraputic cloning. If this can be
controlled, it would be another ingenious means of completely curing
cancer. Perhaps the most well known current prize is the "XPrize.

SAGE Crossroads has a cautious and pro-regulatory editorial stance,
alas, but the debates speak for themselves. Less public interest means
that funding goes elsewhere, which means that there will continue to be
little research.

Some very interesting ideas are in this proposal, and a surprisingly low
cost.

This would be another blow to vital research seeking cures for
age-related conditions such as Alzheimer's, Parkinsons and cancer.

So talk to your physician, look into calorie restriction and sort out
your weight! California has passed a bill explicitly permitting some of
this research, but as the medical marijuana controversy has shown,
federal agencies will ignore state law and arrest people anyway.

Beyond that, there is also the tantalizing promise of greater insight
into the normal mechanisms of aging. Nothing new is said; the sides are
worlds apart. With an XPrize for anti-aging research, we would have the
chance to turn that all around: publicity, competing researchers, goals
that the public could understand, appreciate and cheer for.