Subject: Re: 2929bis experiment status update

From: Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:46:52 +0200

On 2007/03/20 14:03, ?lafur Gu?mundsson /DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Overall results so far:

FYI,

my submission for an RRTYPE allocation as part of the RFC2929bis
experiment has been retracted because various changes to the proposal
made a simpler solution possible. For those of you who did not
attend the IETF69 enum session, my presentation can be found here:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07jul/slides/enum-2.ppt

I thus do no longer need to create a new RRTYPE, but do not despair:
we've finally found a real-world use-case for DNAMEs :-)

I'd like to thank Olaf, Olafur and especially Ed for their guidance,
their patience and their willingness to wrap their heads around
the strange world of telephone numbers.

Thank you!

Although this experiment did not result in a RRTYPE allocation,
I hope the time spent on the test-drive was worthwhile as it did
lead to a better procedure for future submission.

cheers,

/ol
-- 
/ Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>, T: +43 1 5056416 - 33, F: - 933 \
| nic.at Internet Verwaltungs- und Betriebsgesellschaft m.b.H |
\ http://www.nic.at/  LG Salzburg, FN 172568b, Sitz: Salzburg /

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:00:31 -0400

Thanks Otmar
helping debug the process.
Thanks to Ed for being the expert.

         Olafur