Subject: Re: draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname-09.txt: CNAME synthesis

From: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 12:01:29 +1100

> 	Given the offending text from RFC 1034 is repeated in this
> 	document we need to address this issue now rather than
> 	wait.

	The offending text for reference.

           If the "*" label does not exist, check whether the name we
           are looking for is the original QNAME in the query or a name
           we have followed due to a CNAME or DNAME.  If the name is
           original, set an authoritative name error in the response and
           exit.  Otherwise just exit.

-- 
Mark Andrews, ISC
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>