Subject: rsa/sha2 draft status

From: Jelte Jansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 11:32:36 +0200

Hi,

the last update to draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-rsasha256 (-04) has been
nearly two months ago, when i removed the NSEC3 aliases. Since that day
I haven't had any comments on the draft.

That can mean two things, and for now I'll be the optimist and take the
positive interpretation: it's about done and everybody thinks it's ready
to proceed.

I would like to see another implementation though, is anyone aware of
any? (ldns-trunk has support for it, with 'guessed' algorithm identifiers).

Secondly, it would be nice if someone with fresh eyes and a bit of PKCS
knowledge could verify that I got the encoding and identifiers within
the signature right.

After that, or if people think that isn't necessary, I propose to get
the document towards last call.

Jelte

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Thierry Moreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 12:15:58 -0500

Jelte Jansen wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 

I did check these prefix encodings and found no inconsistencies. This 
draft appears to me coherent with the RFC3110 specifications which 
introduced RSA signatures with SHA-1.

Regards,

-- 

- Thierry Moreau

---

From: Scott Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:35:26 -0400

> positive interpretation: it's about done and everybody thinks it's ready
I have made comments to previous versions, and I agree with the above - 
I believe it is ready to proceed.

> any? (ldns-trunk has support for it, with 'guessed' algorithm identifiers).
I don't know of any off hand, but I have heard a couple of implementers 
say they are "ready" but waiting for the identifier to be assigned.

> the document towards last call.
Seconded.

Scott

-- 
----------------------------------------
Scott Rose            Computer Scientist
NIST
ph: +1 301-975-8439
[email-masked]

http://www-x.antd.nist.gov/dnssec
http://www.dnsops.gov/
-----------------------------------------