Subject: [dnsext] WGLC summary: DNS Proxy Implementation Guidelines

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:51:52 -0400

The document had 9 reviewers, some of the reviewers raised minor issues
with text or approach. Based on this the document passes WGLC.

Changes needed before the document is advanced:
Few nits raised that chair and editor have agreed on are non significant
or obvious corrections.

Change in title to add the word Broadband.
    Action: Rejected does not add anything and may be used to exempt
         hot-spot and hotel proxies from the guidelines in the draft.

Changes:
Add to introduction:
         State that having access to full resolvers w/o proxy is preferable.

Section 4.5
         Change SHOULD to MUST

Section 5.2:
         suggestion: change recommendation from "SHOULD NOT" to "MUST NOT"
         Not sure if this will have adverse effect.

Editor has reviewed all earlier comments for compliance with RFC5378,
and assured chairs that there are no IPR issues.

Editor will issue a new version, one week after that version is announced
it will be advanced to the IESG for IETF evaluation.

         Olafur

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:50:47 +0100

> it will be advanced to the IESG for IETF evaluation.

For those that didn't spot it, the revised version was published on 15th 
April:

--8<--8<--
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

                 Title           : DNS Proxy Implementation Guidelines
                 Author(s)       : R. Bellis
                 Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsext-dnsproxy-04.txt
                 Pages           : 13
                 Date            : 2009-04-15

This document provides guidelines for the implementation of DNS
proxies, as found in broadband gateways and other similar network
devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnsproxy-04.txt
--8<--8<--

Ray

-- 
Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) MIET
Senior Researcher in Advanced Projects, Nominet
e: [email-masked], t: +44 1865 332211

---

From: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:08:01 +1000

Is 28 correct for IPv6?

   Method 1 above will cause compatibility problems with EDNS0 unless
   the DNS client is configured to advertise an EDNS0 buffer size
   limited to 28 octets less than the MTU.  Note that RFC 2671 does
   recommend that the path MTU should be taken into account when using
   EDNS0.

-- 
Mark Andrews, ISC
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [email-masked]