Subject: Re: [dnsext] Re: DNSCurve

From: Matthew Dempsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:32:04 -0700

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Alex Bligh <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Ah -  I had (mis)remembered that the ECC algorithm itself was only used for
> precalculated public key crypto in DNSCURVE.

I think you mean DNSSEC here.  DNSCurve does not "precalculate"
anything, though it does allow for caching of Diffie-Hellman shared
secrets.

Also, because it's becoming increasingly common, let me take the
opportunity to point out that the correct capitalization is DNSCurve,
not DNSCURVE.  I've also corrected the subject line for this.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Matthew Dempsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:50:28 -0700

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Alex Bligh <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I meant DNSCurve, which is why I said "misremembered".

Ah, I misinterpreted then.  Sorry about that.

---

From: Alex Bligh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 20:50:29 +0100

--On 18 May 2009 12:32:04 -0700 Matthew Dempsky <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Ah -  I had (mis)remembered that the ECC algorithm itself was only used
>> for precalculated public key crypto in DNSCURVE.
>

--
Alex Bligh