Subject: Re: [dnsext] DNSCurve

From: Matthew Dempsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 08:16:23 -0700

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 1:27 AM, Florian Weimer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> How is the cryptographic box created?  I can't find information on
> that on the web pages, only the key agreement protocol is described.

Yes, the current pages do not yet define this (and I agree they should).

My DNSCurve implementations use the
crypto_box_curve25519xsalsa20poly1305 functions from the NaCl
library[1].  Additionally, Dan has written a paper validating NaCl's
implementation, and explaining how it combines the primitives[2].
Finally, I've written a simple Python implementation that implements
roughly the same APIs as NaCl[3].  (However, beware that [3] has not
received as much validation testing as [1] or [2].)

[1] http://nacl.cace-project.eu/box.html
[2] http://cr.yp.to/highspeed/naclcrypto-20090310.pdf
[3] http://github.com/mrd/dnscurve/tree/991bede3a659ffe56bbb96d0067b7cabf1b1df1f/slownacl

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>