Subject: [dnsext] The ICSI Netalyzr

From: Nicholas Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:48:14 -0700

The public beta of the ICSI Netalyzr is now live at
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu

This Java applet is designed to allow users to probe and discover
various properties about their network connection.  The many tests
include latency, bandwidth, and buffer size measurements.  Other, more
subtle tests detect port filtering and hidden proxies, the correct
operation of in-network HTTP caches, and the general health and
behavior of the DNS resolver.

In particular, the DNS tests are probably of interest to the working  
group.  This includes probes for glue policy, EDNS and DNSSEC support,  
timing, lookups of important names, whether the system can make direct  
DNS requests, and whether fragmented large DNS replies are correctly  
processed.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>