Subject: [dnsext] draft-livingood-dns-redirect-00

From: Andreas Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:00:46 +0300

Readers of this list may be interested in the ongoing discussion about
draft-livingood-dns-redirect-00 on the dnsop mailing list.
-- 
Andreas Gustafsson, [email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 07:23:26 -0400

> draft-livingood-dns-redirect-00 on the dnsop mailing list.

Readers may be, yes, but as your friendly local moderator I urge you
to take discussion of the draft to the DNSOP list.  The draft is to be
discussed in DNSOP in Stockholm, and it appears to be the position of
the authors that it does not modify the DNS protocols.  Unless the
DNSOP chairs kick the draft to us, it would be nice to keep all the
discussion about it on one list.

Thanks and best regards,

Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

---

From: Basil Dolmatov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:38:26 +0400

Corrected version of DNSSec GOST draft is available at
http://ca.cryptocom.ru/tmpfiles/draft-dolmatov-dnsext-dnssec-gost-01.txt

This version will be submitted as I-D after reopening the submission 
window at 28th of July.

dol@

---

From: Basil Dolmatov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:59:27 +0400

dol@

---

From: Basil Dolmatov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:00:31 +0400

bert hubert пишет:
> Basil,
> 
> I'm very naive in this, but I'd love to know more about the GOST
> asymmetric algorithm and how to implement it. Is the algorithm
> specified anywhere in a language I can read (Dutch, German, French in
> a pinch or English)? From what I've heard, there is a Russian version
> available, but sadly I have problems reading that :-)

We prepared and submitted drafts with translation of GOSTs just for 
those who prefer English texts to Russian. ;)

Quiting referencies in this draft:
    [DRAFT1]   Dolmatov V., Kabelev D., Ustinov I., Vyshensky S.,
               "GOST R 34.10-2001 digital signature algorithm"
               draft-dolmatov-cryptocom-gost3410-2001-01.txt,
               work in progress

    [DRAFT2]   Dolmatov V., Kabelev D., Ustinov I., Vyshensky S.,
               "GOST R 34.11-94 Hash function algorithm"
               draft-dolmatov-cryptocom-gost341194-00.txt, work
               in progress

> 
> Is there a pointer to the russian version?
> 
> If the 512 bit key size is strong enough, it might be interesting.
> 
It is considered strong enough by Federal Security Service in Russia for 
exclusive usage in _governmental_ organisations, so I think that it is 
strong enough for more relaxed usage. ;)

> Thanks!
> 
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Basil Dolmatov<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> This version will be submitted as I-D after reopening the submission window
>> at 28th of July.
>>
>>
>> dol@
>>
>>
>> --