Subject: [dnsext] planning draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname-17 to IESG

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:34:51 -0400

Dear colleagues,

Some time ago, we had a WGLC on the draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname
document.  There was some difficulty in getting prompt review of the
document, but at the end we had a mixed message.  A number of remarks
came in asking for additional clarification, particularly with respect
to DNSSEC.

The editors have gamely tackled that problem, and have recently
uploaded draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname-17.

I have reviewed that document, and it appears to me that the issues
that cropped up last time are solved.  In addition, we actually had
enough reviews that supported the document that I think it is ok to go
ahead.  I am therefore prepared to send this on to the IESG, on the
strength of previous review and the changes the editors made.

In order to make sure I am not overlooking anything, I hereby ask for
comments, particularly from those who raised issues during the
previous WGLC, in case you still have objections to proceeding with
the document.  **Your silence will be construed as agreement, contrary
to our usual convention** because I believe the document has addressed
all the concerns raised.

I plan to close this period at 17:00 EDT on 2009-10-23.  If you are
someone who intends to review the document once more, and cannot
complete your review by then, please tell me when you can complete
your review instead.  It's been some time since the WGLC, and I
appreciate that everyone may not be standing by waiting anxiously to
review a document.  (On the other hand, if you say it'll take you six
months, the WG may not be able to wait so long.)  After this is done,
I'll post a WG summary and then, depending on the result, send the
document on to the IESG.

In case you wish to review the previous controversy, most of it can be
found in threads following the message at
http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2008/msg01851.html.

Best regards,

Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.