Subject: [dnsext] WGLC summary: GOST DNSKEY and DS records

From: Olafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 17:27:41 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

The working group last call started on October 29'th for
         http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-gost
has concluded.

There was some discussion on the mailing list during the last call,
with about 10 people stating support or opposition.
Most of the relevant discussion was about intended status of the document,
Standards track, some oppose that.

In the end there is in the judgment of the chairs rough consensuses to advance
the document on the Standards Track.
The document has been updated to reflect some of the comments received during
the last call.

There remains one open issue: Section 2 of the document specifies that
the format of the public key be 66 octets, but the first two be 0 followed
by the actual key. There is some discussion that the first two octets can
be used for extensions.
There was a suggestion to remove these two octets from the wire format.

In the past the working group has eliminated all redundant fields and
hooks for expansions in DNSKEY (and KEY) records,  i.e. the algorithm number
is full specification of the algorithm(s) for inter operability reasons.

The chairs instruct the editor to update the document reflecting this change
in the proposed wire format.
Once a new version with this change has been published the chairs will
advance the document to the IESG.

         Olafur & Andrew