Subject: [dnsext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname-22.txt> (Update to DNAME Redirection in the DNS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 13:56:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DNS Extensions WG (dnsext) to
consider the following document:
- 'Update to DNAME Redirection in the DNS'
  <draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname-22.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The DNAME record provides redirection for a sub-tree of the domain
   name tree in the DNS system.  That is, all names that end with a
   particular suffix are redirected to another part of the DNS.  This is
   a revision of the original specification in RFC 2672, also aligning
   RFC 3363 and RFC 4294 with this revision.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.