Subject: [dnsext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc6195bis-04.txt> (Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:47:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DNS Extensions WG (dnsext) to
consider the following document:
- 'Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations'
  <draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc6195bis-04.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-10-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA)
   parameter assignment considerations for the allocation of Domain Name
   System (DNS) resource record types, CLASSes, operation codes, error
   codes, DNS protocol message header bits, and AFSDB resource record
   subtypes.  It obsoletes RFC 6195 and updates RFCs 1183, 2845, 2930,
   and 3597.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc6195bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc6195bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.