Subject: [dnsext] RFC 6840 on Clarifications and Implementation Notes for DNS Security (DNSSEC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 09:32:52 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6840

        Title:      Clarifications and Implementation Notes 
                    for DNS Security (DNSSEC)
        Author:     S. Weiler, Ed.,
                    D. Blacka, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 47283
        Updates:    RFC4033, RFC4034, RFC4035, RFC5155

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-bis-updates-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6840.txt

This document is a collection of technical clarifications to the DNS
Security (DNSSEC) document set.  It is meant to serve as a resource
to implementors as well as a collection of DNSSEC errata that existed
at the time of writing.

This document updates the core DNSSEC documents (RFC 4033, RFC 4034,
and RFC 4035) as well as the NSEC3 specification (RFC 5155).  It also
defines NSEC3 and SHA-2 (RFC 4509 and RFC 5702) as core parts of the
DNSSEC specification.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC