Subject: [dnsext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-signal-09.txt> (Signaling Cryptographic Algorithm Understanding in DNSSEC) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 11:27:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DNS Extensions WG (dnsext) to
consider the following document:
- 'Signaling Cryptographic Algorithm Understanding in DNSSEC'
  <draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-signal-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-04-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) were developed to provide origin
   authentication and integrity protection for DNS data by using digital
   signatures.  These digital signatures can be generated using
   different algorithms.  This draft sets out to specify a way for
   validating end-system resolvers to signal to a server which digital
   signature and hash algorithms they support.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-signal/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-signal/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.