Subject: [dnsext] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6891 (3604)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 07:26:49 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6891,
"Extension Mechanisms for DNS (EDNS(0))".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6891&eid=3604

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>

Section: 9.1

Original Text
-------------

9.1.  OPT Option Code Allocation Procedure

  OPT Option Codes are assigned by Expert Review.

  Assignment of Option Codes should be liberal, but duplicate
  functionality is to be avoided.

Corrected Text
--------------

9.1.  DNS EDNS0 Option Code Changes

  This document modifies the name of the existing registry DNS EDNS0 
  Options to DNS EDNS0 Option Codes (OPT) and updates the registration
  procedures to Expert Review.

  Assignment of Option Codes should be liberal, but duplicate
  functionality is to be avoided.

Notes
-----
In the publication process fixing this one minor mistake in clarifying the name of the registry fell through the cracks, the consequence of this is that IANA needs this errata to clarify the registry name.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6891 (draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Extension Mechanisms for DNS (EDNS(0))
Publication Date    : April 2013
Author(s)           : J. Damas, M. Graff, P. Vixie
Category            : INTERNET STANDARD
Source              : DNS Extensions
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG