Subject: [dnsext] RFC 6975 on Signaling Cryptographic Algorithm Understanding in DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 14:10:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6975

        Title:      Signaling Cryptographic Algorithm Understanding in 
                    DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) 
        Author:     S. Crocker, S. Rose
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18353
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-signal-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6975.txt

The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) were developed to provide origin
authentication and integrity protection for DNS data by using digital
signatures.  These digital signatures can be generated using
different algorithms.  This document specifies a way for validating
end-system resolvers to signal to a server which digital signature
and hash algorithms they support.  The extensions allow the signaling
of new algorithm uptake in client code to allow zone administrators
to know when it is possible to complete an algorithm rollover in a
DNSSEC-signed zone.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC