Subject: [dnsext] Any interest in draft-latour-dnsoperator-to-rrr-protocol ?

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Feb 2016 16:48:18 -0500

I noticed the -02 of this draft go by yesterday.

It's a very rough version of a DNSSEC key record bootstrap design in which 
the operator of the delegated zone pokes the operator of the upper level 
zone using http, which tells the upper level zone to import keys from the 
delegated zone's CDS and CDNSKEY records.

Is there much interest in this?

On my tiny DNS server I have over 100 signed zones where I can't install 
the upper level DS records because I'm not the registrant, I'm just 
running their DNS.  It would be nice to have a way to do that that scales 
better than walking each of the registrants through their registrars' 
DNSSEC update processes.

R's,
John

---

From: Dave Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 16:11:38 -0500

> Is there much interest in this?

I'm not sure how measure "much", but yes there is interest from
third-party operators like Akamai and CloudFlare because we can't
provide end-to-end DNSSEC services without currently involving a
manual interaction between the customer and their registrar.