Subject: list has new home

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:39:27 -0800

the venerable namedroppers has moved.  as mark warned, it is now at
ops.ietf.org.  at netsol, forwarding aliases have been set up for the
nonce, but please change your address books and habits.

standard -request and majordomo conventions should all work.

randy

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 06:03:43 -0800

[email-masked] is the mailing list for the ietf dnsext wg.  see
<http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dnsext-charter.html> for the wg charter.
messages should be on topics appropriate to the dnsext wg, which are various
discussion of the dns protocols or administrivia of the wg itself.  the list
is moderated.

calls for papers, announcements of events not directly relevant to the dns
protocols, etc. are not appropriate.  discussion of problems with particular
implementations, announcements of releases, sites' misconfigurations, etc.
should be done on mailing lists for the particular implementations.

there is a wg for dns operational practice, dnsop, whose charter can be
found at <http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dnsop-charter.html>.

discussion of this policy is a topic for the poisson wg.  poisson's charter
can be found at <http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/poisson-charter.html>.