Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-simple-secure-update-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 06:36:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simple Secure Domain Name System (DNS) Dynamic Update
	Author(s)	: B. Wellington
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-simple-secure-update-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 01-Feb-00
	
This document proposes a method for performing secure Domain Name
System (DNS) dynamic updates.  The method described here is intended
to be flexible and useful while requiring as few changes to the
protocol as possible.  The authentication of the dynamic update
message is separate from later DNSSEC validation of the data.  Secure
communication based on authenticated requests and transactions is
used to provide authorization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-simple-secure-update-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsext-simple-secure-update-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-simple-secure-update-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.