Subject: DNSEXT WGLC Summary: TKEY-01

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:25:58 -0500

The WGLC period has concluded: 
Two issues where raised in the last call:
1. Unspecified error case, 
2. The Sporadic Server assignment can be restricted to Delete only. 

The Sporadic Server inclusion of new key was included for GSS-API key 
exchange but the implementors of that algorithm stated that there is no
need for this.

Donald please update document to reflect the WG consensuses.

It is the sense of the WG that the document is ready for advancement 
and will be forwarded to IESG after update as a standards track document.

There will be an opportunity to address the WG last call of this 
document in Working Group meeting in Adelaide.

>
> This is a last call on this document, TKEY defines a DNS protocol 
> mechanism to allow two DNS entities to create a shared secret to be 
> used by TSIG for message authentication. 
> The document defines two mandatory modes to implement and few optional 
> ones. 
> This is a WG last call ending March 20'th 2000. 
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is: 
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-tkey-01.txt

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.