Subject: DNSEXT WG Last Call: TKEY-01

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 13:33:28 -0500

This is a last call on this document, TKEY defines a DNS protocol
mechanism to allow two DNS entities to create a shared secret to be
used by TSIG for message authentication. 

The document defines two mandatory modes to implement and few optional 
ones. 

This is a WG last call ending March 20'th 2000. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-tkey-01.txt

This draft is on standards track, if you disagree with that please state why
in your response. 

        Olafur

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.

---

From: Brian Wellington <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:26:18 -0500 (EST)

> used by TSIG for message authentication. 

I have no objections, but one question.  Transaction security MUST be
applied to many of the TKEY transactions, but there is no specified error
to return if there is no transaction security.  I'd vote for rcode
NOTAUTH, but anything else would be ok too.

Brian

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 22:50:19 -0500

That would be fine with me.

Donald

From:  Brian Wellington <[email-masked]>
Date:  Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:26:18 -0500 (EST)
To:  Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
cc:  [email-masked]
In-Reply-To:  <[email-masked]>
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>